I was tagged on IG by Carolyn Nealen @bugsnbeauty from Bozeman, Montana (originally from Michigan). She created her own Infinity Veil with the guidance of my DIY tutorial. Thank you Carolyn for sharing your beautiful veil! This completely makes my day. Seeing her work & others who are inspired by my tutorials inspire me to do better. Thank you!
I asked her a couple of questions because I know she will inspire you;)
1. What inspired you to create the chapel veil? I was inspired to create the chapel veil because I already had purchased an infinity veil, which I love. I’ve been sewing for a while now so the idea of making my own veils appealed to me.
2. How long did it take you? It took 45-60 minutes to make a veil, depending on the intricacy of the edging being stitched on.
3. Pros/cons of making one? Choosing your own lace or mesh allows you to customize a veil based on your style. I have so many different options in mind for the future! Honestly, I don’t think that there are any cons to making a veil yourself, though some may say the construction process is one. Frankly, veils are one of the simplest, most straightforward sewing projects I’ve done.
4. How did you find my tutorial? When I decided to try making my own veil, I came upon Youtique Bridal’s tutorial in a Google search. The clarity of instructions and different options were what drew me in.
5. When and why did you start veiling? I started veiling during Lent. Several of my friends had adopted this practice and I had done a little research. Another friend posted a detailed article on the practice, in a Catholic moms group. I read through the article, felt that God was nudging me, and now veil anytime I am in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament.
6. How long you have you been married? And do you have any marriage tips for young couples? My husband and I have been married for eight years. It takes three to make a marriage: you, your spouse, and God. Make sure that you take time to pray individually and together. Remember also that you are different but equal, with individual strengths and weaknesses. Lastly, a sense of humor is so important. Not everything is going to go as you planned and you have to be ready to laugh at things!
Congratulations on your recent Anniversary!
7. A little about yourself. I am the oldest of four children and grew up in a loving, Protestant family. I’m an unashamed nerd/geek and love anything to do with science…okay, not physics or astronomy. A teacher by trade, I taught third and fourth grade for a number of years, but middle school is my niche. I am a convert to the Catholic faith and met my husband on Catholic match. After getting married I took time off teaching to kick cancer’s butt, raise our son, and run a small business. With our son in school full-time this year, I started substitute teaching and, in a few weeks time, will have completed my masters.
8. Anything else you would like to share? My current favorite place to buy lace online is Fabric.com and I always order at least 2 yards.
Thank you so much Carolyn for taking the time to answer the questions and sharing a little about your inspirational life. May God continue to bless your journey.
Thank you for visiting & may you be inspired to create something EXTRAordinary.
To create one, feel free to view my tutorial below. Have a wonderful day!