Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I want to make sure I thank everyone of you who make Youtique Bridal & Lifestyle possible. Also, Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays although all the shops skipped right over it and went straight to Christmas. This blog is a way to take a snapshot of where I am today & how grateful I am to those who support me. Thank you to my kind, caring, creative, & inspiring community who…
And I can never say thank you enough to those who take their time to share their creative journey with me and tell me you were inspired by my videos. It makes all the behind the scenes work worthwhile. So thank you to everyone!
Today I want to also thank Emediong all the way from Port Harcourt, Nigeria for sharing her birdcage veil & fabric flower with me. She said she was inspired by my videos so she knew how to make this Texas girl happy & thankful;) I had asked her a few questions and she kindly took the time to reply. Well, I hope you get inspired by Emediong to make something. Enjoy!
1)Your name & where do you reside? My name is Emediong and I reside in Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
2)Why did you decide to DIY? I decided to do DIY because I love creating something beautiful with my hands.
3) Who and what event were you creating it for? I was creating it for myself for a marriage ceremony to adorn my hair with.
4) Your social media sites & links: Instagram: @busyhands_creations
(FOR THE FABRIC FLOWER)
5) Pros and cons of the project:
Pros: Very beautiful, versatile
Cons: The challenge of cutting the pattern/template out on organza as the material is very sheer
6) What was your favorite part of the process? My favourite part of the process was seeing the flower coming together as I was sewing. I was smiling as I saw this happening🙂. It made me feel like wow, I am going to make something beautiful and gain knowledge of how to make this flower first future projects.
7) how long did it take you? The cutting out of the template was what took the most time but the sewing and assembly process did not waste time at all. Maybe about 20mins for everything or slightly more.
8) anything else you would like to add? ADDITIONAL NOTES: The tutorial was very detailed and simple enough to understand. There was no way one could have problem replicating the flower. Also, it was very nice to have the free template made available too, very nice. Thank you
FOR THE BIRD CAGE:
All answers remain the same minus those below:
5. PROS: The bird cage was very lovely. CONS: The bridal face net here is different from the one there so it was a bit challenging sewing through.
6. My favourite part was seeing the pattern followed to have a perfectbird cage look because up till then I’ve always just thought of crunching up the face net at the edge to create the look but was excited to learn this technique.
Thank you Emediong! I hope everyone got inspired by Emediong because I sure did. May you all have a wonderful creative Thanksgiving Holiday Season! I believe there is always something to be grateful for whether it be something small or big. What are you thankful for? Many blessings to you!
If you would like to create the Birdcage veil or Fabric flower, feel free to view the tutorials below.
Thank you for watching!