I have a DIY project I want to share because it was originally inspired by one of my tutorials, the Lace Trim Veil. Tina Scarlatella is a returning guest and had initially made her older daughter’s First Communion Veil & Dress back in 2016. You can visit the original blog post by visiting : Gabby’s First Communion Veil & Dress. She had restyled Gabby’s dress to pass it on to Isabella.
Below is the beautiful Scarlatella family & Isabella is wearing the new & restyled dress. Isabella’s First Communion was held at Saint Faustina Catholic Church on May 19, 2019. Congratulations to Izzy and all the children who received their First Communion!
Here is my video tutorial for the First Communion Veil
Of course I had to ask Tina some questions in hopes to inspire you to create as well;)
1.What inspired you to reuse Gabby’s dress? I thought it would be special to have the girls share the same dress
2. How did you modify it? I took the skirt part from Gabby’s dress and made Isabella’s dress. I added a new beaded sash. I used Gabby’s sash and turn them into shoulder straps for Isabella. I added some embellishments onto the top of Isabella dress.
3. How long did it take you to create the new dress? The new dress took me 3 days from start to finish
4. Pros and cons. Pros: re-use fabric; special
Cons: I wanted to make an ao dai but since I re-used Gabby’s dress, the materials didn’t allow for an ao day design. (*Ao dai is a traditional Vietnamese Dress)
5. What was your favorite part of the project? Seeing Isabella twirl in her dress. She loved the designed of it.
6. Anything else you would like to share? I enjoyed pushing myself to create something one-of-a-kind for my girls. It wasn’t perfect but it was perfect for her and her special day.
Thank you Tina for taking the time to answer the questions. Well, I hope you got inspired to create something EXTRAordinary! Here is a playlist of more First Communion ides to help spark your imagination.
Read how Tina created Gabby’s First Communion Dress by visiting: Gabby’s First Communion Veil & Dress.
Thank you for visiting!