I hope you are all doing well. I am excited about this new project, the Marfy Remnant Challenge. I am collaborating with Andrea @sewtofit on this sewing project. She & I had won the Marfy Pattern 0116 at the Sewing Fashionistas 10 year Anniversary Christmas Party . It was hosted by Rosalind @sewmuchfabric – great times!
I thought it would be fun to use remnant fabrics to create this pattern and see how we would express ourselves. It is a project to help us get through this Covid Event and keep our minds and bodies occupied. We invited our fellow Sewing Fashionistas as well as our sewing community to join us on this journey. As Andrea & I were sharing ideas, this project happen to fall nicely into Andrea’s annual Marfy Challenge as well. Here are the guidelines shared at the Sewing Fashionistas meeting this past Saturday July 25 – thank you for the video Andrea!
Official Start Date: August 1, 2020 – End Date: When you are done. This project is meant to be fun and stress free. You can set your own deadline (or not), however, I will personally try and finish this project by the end of August. Feel free to follow me on Instagram Stories for up-to-date progress and my IG Highlight “Marfy Remnant.”
Andrea & I have different sewing processes but we will be achieving the same goal. We believe that everyone has different styles of sewing so we would like for you to witness the different ways we design, sew, and put it together. Besides following my Instastories, make sure you follow Andrea’s IG & Youtube Channel at SewToFit to see her process. Also, feel free to join her VIP Club to expand your fitting skills. You can learn more about Andrea at www.sewtofit.com. You can also follow this project on the Sewing Fashionista’s Facebook Page.
Guidelines for the Marfy Remnant Challenge:
- Have fun, express yourself, stretch your imagination & creativity
- You are the artist. The pattern is the canvas & the fabric is your paint;)
- use remnant fabrics or fabrics in your stash but do not purchase new fabrics. Ex: I am using fabric remnants from my 2019 projects.
- there is no right or wrong to putting this together
- try and incorporate new sewing techniques that you have always wanted to try. Ex: I want to learn how to do basic quilting, wave tucks, & fabric cut-outs as seen on my inspiration board
- Use Sewing Pattern Marfy 0116 or any pattern you would like to use or try out.
- We would love to see your progress, tag us on Instagram @youtiquebridal @sewtofit or use the hashtag #marfyremnantchallenge2020
This is where my project is currently…
This is the front side of Marfy0116. Next, I will now work on the back side before sewing it all together. Following, I will do the lining. Below are videos of the original projects if you would like to see where the remnants originated from.
- 1.Red Lace Blouse & Skirt – shoulder, collar, pocket
- 2.Red Linen Shorts – sleeve
- 3.Faux Leather Cardigan – pocket, placket
- 4.Front Zipper Skirt – Front Center Panel
- 5.Blue Asymmetrical Dress – Bottom Center Panel, piping & the dress lining fabric was used for the Front Side Panel
- 6.Bathing Suit Coverup – Placket, Front Side Bottom
I hope you join Andrea & I on this journey. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Well, thank you for visiting & I hope you get inspired to create something EXTRAordinary out of the ordinary;)
Andrea with Sew To Fit is an expert in pattern fitting and pattern design. She has a YouTube Channel you can view by clicking here. She teaches e-learning classes available with a VIP Club at www.sewtofit.com.