What makes my day? When someone is inspired by my tutorial and share what they created. I recently got a message from Angela Li via Instagram all the way from the Philippines – that will make a Texas girl happy;)
Interview with : Angela Li, Philippines
- YB: Which video were you inspired by? Angela: I got inspiration from your video Bridal diy sash
2) YB: Why did you decide to DIY? Angela: bec i found the perfect dress within my budget and i want to make it dressier since my mom is attending a wedding of a relative. To add that evening formal look
3) YB: Who and what event were you creating it for? Angela: wedding of relative
4) YB: General steps you took to create this. Angela: bought the dress, source the rhinestones appliqué since the appliques are not available in the Philippines, I sourced it from China. Also the available ones are specifically for weddings. With front only rhinestones and white sash. Sash is tricky since my dress is colored, this means i will have to find the exact shade Ribbon. Plus i feel that it will move around since my dress is smooth fabric with slim silhouette.
Also mostly in the market is the chunky type of front rhinestones. Or half yard. I want the rhinestones to be all the way to the back. So i sourced it overseas.
Angela shared with us the link she purchased the dress at: https://www.evernew.ca/victoria-wrap-dress-254652?colour=teal+ribbon
5) YB: The pros and cons to create your sash. Angela: – pros, I get the look I wanted.
Cons, creativity in sourcing and technical skill to get it done. I actually sewed it in two lines, one on upper part and another is lower part. For the front with pleats, i actually did not sew the lower part on the pleating as it might affect the movement of the fabric. Also making sure the appliques is aligned.
6) YB: what was your favorite part of the process? Angela: – conceptualizing, Sourcing and execution.
7) YB: How long did it take you? Angela: it took a while to get the rhinestones but once they are here, its easier since I had it planned out
8) YB: Is there anything else you would like to add? Angela: originally I would like the rhinestones to be optional, meaning I can put it on or not go with it as the event dictates. But since that route is tricky and I cannot find a tutorial, I opted to sew it on
Thank you Angela for sending the photos and for answering the questions. All of this means a lot to me😊 and it makes all the hard work worth it. I hope Angela inspired you to create. Well, I hope you have an EXTRAordinary day!
More Bridal Sash Tutorials