create something EXTRAordinary
I completed the custom Rhinestone Bridal Sash for a dashing Bride-to-be. Here is the tutorial…
1. Measure carefully how much Rhinestone trim you will need (rhinestone trims can get pricey)
2. Gather the materials: Rhinestone trim, double sided satin ribbon, invisible thread/needle, scissors
3. Once the trims are layed out, leave about 1 inch of ribbon on each end of the sash (You will be folding it under and stitch for a clean finish before sewing on the hook/eye)
4. Start hand sewing each row of trim onto the ribbon.
5. For this project, I used a bra hook & eye to connect the end of the sash. I trimmed it down to one row of hook&eye.
6. Sew the hook to one end of the sash and the eye to the other end.
In the last 2 photos, you can see how the hook & eye are lined up along the edge of the sash. The alignment will prevent it from forming a gap when connected.
You can also check out one of my early sash tutorial below. For the EVA sash, instead of using the hook & eye, the ribbon was cut long enough to tie into a bow.
Or maybe you found a Bridal Sash with a beautiful design on the front but the tied bow on the back was not alluring to you. Well, there is a solution — RESTYLE it! You can transform the “tied” Bridal sash into a hook & eye closure. Here is the tutorial…
Well, I hope this inspires you to create something EXTRAordinary:)
Thanks for visiting!
Feel free to visit other DIY Bridal Tutorials (here).